Why Choose Hazard-Perry County?
We have built our business case around the critical factors of COST, LABOR and ACCESSIBILITY, which you can read more about in each section. Below are the top five reasons your facility should locate here.
- AVAILABLE SKILLED LABOR: Our former mining workforce is highly skilled, easily trained, transferable to other industries, loyal and have the desire to work for a great employer.
- LOW COST OF STARTUP AND OPERATION: With enhanced incentives from the state of Kentucky, New Markets Tax Credit Eligible industrial land, Local Incentives utilized to reduce start-up costs, and a low cost of living, our region provides an atmosphere for your company to become profitable faster.
- MARKET ACCESS: It may come as a surprise, but our region is centrally located to multiple industries, especially Automotive and Aerospace. Additionally, raw materials can be sourced from multiple regions.
- READY SITES & BUILDINGS: Our region has 4 primary Industrial Parks that are shovel-ready with all utilities, easy access and supportive communities. Additionally, we have industry-ready buildings ranging from 10,000 Square Feet to over 200,000 Square Feet.
- EDUCATION & TRAINING: Re-training our workforce is simplified due to our tremendous inventory of community and technical colleges, the eKentucky Advanced Manufacturing Institute, 4-Year programs at the University of Pikeville and Morehead State University, and the East Kentucky Concentrated Employment Program (EKCEP) bringing federal as well as state dollars together to cover those costs.